Top-Rated Asphalt Sealcoating Services Reno, Nevada
Asphalt pavements are economical, aesthetically pleasing, and rapid to construct. With proactive maintenance, they can also last for a long time. If you are responsible for an asphalt pavement in Reno, you really should include asphalt sealcoating in your maintenance program.
What Is Asphalt Sealcoating?
Also known as asphalt sealing, sealcoating is the application of a liquid sealant to an existing asphalt pavement. The sealant dries and cures, adhering to the pavement to form a tough protective shell.
Why Do Asphalt Pavements Need the Protection Offered by Asphalt Sealcoating?
Your asphalt pavement is under constant threat from the weather, the sun, the vehicles that use it, and the passage of time.
- The sun is a particularly formidable enemy of asphalt pavements. It emits UV rays that rob asphalt pavements of the moisture they need to flex under loads, then rebound. The dried-out pavement becomes hard and brittle, making it easier for cracks to develop. These UV rays are also responsible for turning the color of asphalt pavements from a luxurious black to an unsightly brown or gray. Sealcoating excels as a sunscreen that blocks UV rays to prevent pavement damage, and it can also return the pavement to its original rich color.
- The vehicles that use your pavement can drip oil and other fluids that break down the binder holding your asphalt pavement together. The pavement turns soft and deteriorates, the crumbs become dislodged, and a pothole is left behind. Sealcoating slows the rate at which automotive fluids begin to interact with the asphalt binder, giving you additional time to remove the fluids.
- Water is another powerful force that can damage asphalt pavements. Whether the water comes from melting snow, rain, or a sprinkler system, it can drain into cracks or potholes. Water destabilizes and weakens the pavement’s base, robbing it of its ability to support the pavement and its traffic. If the water becomes trapped beneath the surface, it can freeze, and the expanding ice can inflict more damage. The results can range from minor surface depressions to alligator cracking. Sealcoating improves asphalt’s natural resistance to water penetration, but it also helps prevent the pavement breaks that can give water an easy path to invade the structure.
Does Asphalt Sealcoating Provide Any Other Benefits?
In addition to providing cost-effective protection for asphalt pavements, sealcoating offers several other benefits.
- Sealcoating boosts your property’s curb appeal. It can hide minor flaws to make the surface of your pavement appear smoother and more visually appealing. Its dark color also helps make your markings and stripes look more vibrant.
- Sealcoating contains silica sand, and this enhances traction. Motorcyclists, bicyclists, and vehicles will be less likely to skid, and pedestrians will not be as likely to slip and fall.
- Sealcoating can plug the tiny voids that can fill with dirt, so your pavement will be easier to clean. You can sweep your pavement more thoroughly and faster.
Since 1988, Affordable Striping & Sealing has served the greater Reno area with exceptional work at reasonable rates. Our services include asphalt sealcoating, parking lot maintenance, asphalt paving, residential sealcoating, asphalt repair, parking lot striping, asphalt paving, parking lot layout, and asphalt crack repair. We have an impeccable reputation that is based on our craftsmanship, professionalism, integrity, and customer service. We would be happy to provide you with a free quote. You can submit your request by completing our online form, calling 775-825-1101, or emailing RenoOffice@affordablestriping.com.